Location: Virtual/Remote (U.S.)
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Surehand is the skills-first hiring platform for the industrial trades. We operate with a mission-first, growth-oriented mindset across all facets of the business and pride ourselves on our customer-centered, data-driven product design and development approach. (And we just LOVE our hyphens!)
Our goal is to provide a more efficient and less costly way for industrial employers to source the best people for the job, while offering skilled labor more visibility and opportunity for advancement.
If you’re looking to join a fast-paced and growing startup team, read on!
Surehand, Inc. seeks a Visual Designer that can collaborate with our product team to create transformative visual designs that make our mobile app delightful. You will also work with our sales and marketing team to create engaging and compelling product visual stories and assets for our marketing website and content distribution channels. You will own and maintain our existing visual designs while helping evolve our brand and product experiences to the next level of awesome!
Primary Work Activities:
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces on our mobile and web-based apps
- Create and manage visual product assets
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Design user-centered interaction models, wireframes or screen mockups
- Design logos, icons, and infographics
- Closely collaborate with IT and business teams to solve complex issues, like interaction models and data visualization
- Create mockups, prototypes, and visual comps for different devices — mobile and web
- Source images (stock photos and video footage)
- Work with and manage Figma-based component library
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation
- Experience implementing visual design systems across platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interaction
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Advanced skills in problem-solving and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Familiarity with the React Native framework, components, and behaviors
Ready to join us?
Click the Apply Now button below to email us your resume for consideration and tell us why you’d make an amazing Visual Designer on Team Surehand. Please also feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Surehand, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual preference, genetic information, veterans’ status or any other classification protected under state or federal law.