We began our quest to answer these questions almost two years ago, when we were tapped by a Silicon Valley incubator to learn more about the industrial inspection industry—NDT, NDE, CWI, API, NACE and others—and the dedicated professionals who work tirelessly to keep us safe.
Bringing fresh perspective and an open mindset to the industry, Team Surehand interviewed hundreds of stakeholders; asset owners, service providers, and inspectors. Our aim was clear: deeply explore the pain points associated with the industry’s talent ecosystem and gather feedback on potential solutions to address the pain.
We discovered that there is significant friction in how the industry sources candidates for new projects or open positions. Simply put, the old way of doing things just doesn’t cut it anymore.
- Candidate sourcing and screening is time-consuming and costly
- Offline networks are siloed by geography and industry vertical
- Industry certifications and codes are fragmented and complex
- There is an inherent lack of trust in candidate resumes
Given these challenges, we wondered, “What if we deployed advanced search and machine learning technology to improve the quality and transparency of professional profile data, increasing trust in the hiring process for all involved?”
The result is Surehand.com, a discovery-based hiring platform that lets employers rapidly find and directly engage qualified candidates. Launched in February 2019, Surehand already has thousands of industrial inspectors signed up across the U.S. and Canada and is growing steadily, month over month.
We are focused on becoming the fastest, most cost-effective way to find the exact skilled industrial talent employers need for an open position or project. Our model is centered on the concept of passive candidacy, where employers have the ability to directly connect with perfectly-matched talent, whether or not the worker is currently seeking new employment.
WHAT MAKES SUREHAND BETTER?
- Industry-specialized: Surehand profile templates go deep on job functions in industrial inspection. Certifications, licensure, skills, equipment, applications, training, etc. are all captured.
- Normalized profiles: Surehand standardizes the data we capture, so it’s easier for workers to create and maintain career profiles and makes it much easier for employers to find the perfect person for the job.
- Verified data: Surehand independently verifies select profile attributes, so standout workers will truly stand out and employers will have more confidence in profile data accuracy when starting a hiring conversation.
Perhaps the biggest difference with Surehand is that we are using advanced technology to “flip the script,” putting the tired old resume and job posting constructs out to pasture and replacing them with a targeted, accurate and more effective way to find the right person for the job—faster than ever before.
But don’t just take our word for it, request an employer demo today and let us show you the Surehand difference.
Stop posting. Start hiring.